I have still been having pretty painful contractions. It has been hard, because they will be regular at 3 minutes apart for an hour or two, then abruptly stop for a few hours. Then they will return at 10 minute intervals for an hour or two, then stop. This happens all the time. Every time I start thinking "okay, its time to go in" they stop. Its been difficult to sleep, difficult to eat, difficult to function. I had my doctors appointment, and told the doctor that I am downright miserable. I told him I understand that the third trimester sucks for most women, but this is ridiculous! He then wanted to check the heartbeat. Dr. Smith is absolutely amazing. I had Kailyn with me, and he let her find the babies heartbeat. He picked her up, and let her squirt the goop on my stomach, then he turned on the doppler, and let her find the heart beat, and told her what it was and praised her for doing such a good job helping. I was so grateful and was amazed by his thoughtfulness. The heart rate was good. Then Kailyn and Kevin went in to the hall so I could get checked. I am still at 1 cm, but cervix is starting to soften and thin. The doctor told me that he thinks that the contractions are real labor contractions, but things are just happening super slowly. He said that because of my medical history, that prolonged pain on my part would not be good for the baby, and that a baby could be born at 36 weeks healthy, and so there is no point in my suffering past that. So he will induce me at 36 weeks. That would be around Oct. 20 or so. I am so excited, nervous, and everything in between! He also gave me some better pain medication, and a better sleep aide.
No comments:
Post a Comment