My day yesterday started out great! Kevin knew I hadnt been feeling well, so he let me sleep in. That was WONDERFUL! Then my dad called and asked if we could help him with some computer stuff and some shopping for office decorations, and he would take us out to lunch. So we decided to do that, then go to my doctors appointment, then take Kailyn to the park to feed the ducks. So we went out to my dads office, and my dad, Kailyn, and I went to the store and Kevin stayed at the office to work on the computer. I started not feeling all too hot at the store. I started feeling contractions, crampy, and gross. Then we went to lunch, and the food turned my stomach. So we went to the doctors appointment. We saw a different doctor, Dr. Turner, rather than Smith who we normally see. Dr. Smith was out of town this entire week. I started talking to him about questions I had and stuff. Then I just stopped and said "ya know what? honestly I have felt like crap all week, and today is not any better. I am in a lot of pain from these cramps. My pulse is racing, I feel sweaty and all around gross." So he checks my pulse and it was 160. He checks the baby's heart, and it was just about the same. He then wants to check my cervix, and so I sent Kevin in to the hall with Kailyn (I dont want her to see that). So he checks me and says that I am 1 cm dilated. He felt my belly during a "cramp" and said it was definitely a contraction. He said with my pulse being 160, the baby would not be getting enough blood, and he wants me to go on heart meds for the remainder of the pregnancy. Then he says "well i am sending you next door to labor and delivery." Great. So we start heading next door to the hospital, and I told Kevin that I wanted him to still take Kailyn to the park to feed the ducks. He thought I was joking or something because he laughed. I was like "no, seriously, we promised her a trip to the park today, we both have cell phones, you can be back at the hospital within minutes if I need you." So he took her to th e river, and I went upstairs. They hooked me up to the monitors and stuff, and my pulse had come down to about 120. However laying there watching the clock by myself I realized that these cramps were contractions, and coming pretty regularly. So I started watching the monitor that shows contractions, and yep, every 3 minutes I was having a painful, tightening contraction that wrapped all around to my back and were starting to take my breath away. The doctor came in about a half hour later, and they were just getting more painful, and were still at 3 min apart. My mom showed up during this time, and Kevin was still at the park with Kailyn. He talked to me about all sorts of really scary things. He said that with my heart racing already, I am running him out of options for stopping the contractions. And because they had checked my cervix at the dr appt, they cant do another fetal fibronectin test. So basically the only option he had was to monitor me and see if I start dilating more, and if I do, then admit me and give me magnesium sulfate through IV to try to postpone labor, and start steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs. So about an hour later, I am still in a lot of pain, and I call Kevin to come down. He dropped Kailyn off with my dad and came down. As soon as he showed up, literally, my uterus relaxed. I felt better almost automatically. It was crazy. Then they sent me down to ultrasound to measure my cervix. Last week it was 5cm, last night it was 3cm. Which is still considered not in labor, but 2 cm in a week is crazy. Anything under 3 cm is cause for concern, and mine was right at 3. They sent me back up to the room and put me back on the monitors, and the contractions calmed down dramatically on their own. (Prayers work) At about 1130pm or so, they decided I could go home. Their only option at that point was to send me home, or admit me with the mag sulfate, and since the contractions weren't regular anymore, they sent me home. I am to watch myself carefully and time the contractions, rest as much as possible, and be prepared that this baby may very well be joining us soon. They wouldn't have thought that if they could give me the drugs to stop the labor, but they cant. So basically it is up to God's discretion. He thought fit not to make me have her last night, and I am very grateful for that. I have to go in one week to get checked out again.
No comments:
Post a Comment