Friday, October 17, 2008

ugh

I was told to call the hospital at 1pm today to see if the Dr was available to do the amniocentesis. I called at 1, and the nurse said it was "rush hour" around there, call back at 3. I called back at 3, dr was delivering a baby, and would call me back. 5pm comes and I call them back and the nurse said she couldnt find Dr. Smith, and she would call me back, but if she didnt call before 545, call her back. 545 comes, I call her back. She said she just talked to the doctor, and he wanted to speak to me personally, and would call me back. 615, the doctor called and apologized and said that the day was incredibly hectic, and he wanted to review my chart to see if the amnio was absolutely necessary today, or if it could wait, or if I just needed to be admitted so that I could be watched and the amnio done tomorrow, or what. So he said he would call me back tonight. It is now 915, and I have not heard back from him. I am still having horribly painful contractions, several an hour. The kind that make me sob and I cannot even breathe through. They know about this. The doctor knows (hence why he prescribed me pain killers), and the labor and delivery knows. They basically told me I am in labor, that they are real contractions, but they are changing me so incredibly slowly that I do not need to be admitted, that I can labor at home for the time being, and I could do this for 2 weeks. He said that is part of his decision to induce on Monday. But he wants to make sure the baby will be okay born on Monday. So he wants to do the amnio to make sure, so that if her lungs are not mature than I need to suffer longer to make sure her lungs are mature when she is delivered. This is miserable. I am not eating well, not sleeping well, not really doing much of anything well. Kevin works so many hours that he leaves before Kai and I wake up, and gets home when its her bedtime. Its not his fault, he is doing his best to take care of us. We need the money, and cannot afford for him to take off this time be fore the baby comes. It is just hard. I feel horrible for Kailyn because she is so bored. She wants me to take her outside to play, to sit at the table and paint with her, to make cookies etc with her, but I simply cannot right now. The extent of my entertaining her is laying on the couch and building blocks on the floor, coloring, or playing dolls, or reading books, watching tv. I have felt bad for her lack of exercise, so I recently started letting her play with her big ball in the living room, we play catch with it. I am just praying with everything in me that this baby is able to be induced on Monday, and is healthy and happy, and this can be done with.

No comments: