Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkins and Doctors

I had two doctors appointments today, I had my OB appointment, and my high risk appointment/follow up ultrasound. At my regular OB appointment, the doctor checked me and said that I am 3+cm dilated, and the baby is right there, and he is not sure if I am going to make it to Saturday without going in to labor on my own. He is the one on call Saturday at the hospital, so he will be delivering if I go to Saturday. He also said that my tummy is measuring 40cm/40 weeks. He also told me that my group B strep test came back positive, but apparently thats not a big deal, I just have to have an IV antiobiotic when I deliver. So things looked good. He said with the way my cervix is and everything, induction should be super easy. Which was good to hear. Then we went to lunch, and went to my high risk appointment. They did an ultrasound, and baby is measuring at 6lbs9oz, with a 10% error margin either way. So she is a great size. Her kidneys and stomach looked perfectly normal, so whatever was showing during the last one resolved itself. They also re-checked gender and got another great shot that she is definitely she. She looked absolutely beautiful and absolutely perfect. She is head down and ready to go! The high risk doctor said that I shouldn't have a problem delivering vaginally, but they will still keep a close eye when I deliver. So todays appointments couldn't have gone better! yay! After my appointments we took Kailyn to the pumpkin patch. We had a blast! They had hay rides, a petting zoo, a hay bale maze, and a hay pyramid to climb on. Kailyn loved ALL of it! We picked out some great pumpkins, and Kailyn even picked one out for baby Abigale. After the petting zoo we went over to my dad's office to help him fix his fax machine, then went over to their house for dinner. We stayed there for a bit, then came home and carved the pumpkins. Kailyn did a fantastic job! And we were excited that Alisha joined us! Kailyn drew a face on her pumpkin, and then helped Daddy carve it out. It was great! Tomorrow will be another long day because its the last day that I have to get things ready for baby! I am excited and relieved!






No comments: