Friday, October 10, 2008

Hospital Again?!

I had my weekly appointment yesterday. I told Kevin yesterday morning that for some reason I thought I was going to have to go to Labor and Delivery after my appointment. So I made sure to pack Kailyn some toys and a snack in her backpack. Sure enough I get to my appointment, start talking to the doctor, and he wants me to go to the hospital. Ugh. I have been having some new symptoms that started on Monday night. I have been seeing spots, and shooting star like things. Monday night I saw hundreds of them for about 30 seconds straight. It was like watching a firework show. Then that went away, and I have had a headache ever since, and been seeing a few shooting stars per hour. Along with that, I have been having sharp pains right under my ribs, and on my side. He said that this was all signs of pre-eclamspia. But the catch was, my blood pressure wasn't high, but there was protein in my pee. So he told me that 10-15% of all cases of pre-eclampsia, the blood pressure never gets high. So off to Labor & Delivery I go. He wanted me to get a non-stress test, a bio-physical profile ultrasound, and lab work. So they hooked me up to the monitors over there, and yep, still contracting semi-regularly. These weren't very strong, they were painful, but I could breathe threw them and talk threw them just fine. The baby's heartbeat was good, the non-stress test was good. So they did lab-work, and that came back fine. The ultrasound was kinda fun. The tech at Kadlec was very nice, and showed us everything she was doing. They do those ultrasounds on a points system. Every thing that the tech sees the baby do, she gets a point for, and there are specific things she has to do to pass. Like practice breathing movements in her diaphragm, and grasp her hands. Well she couldnt see the baby grasp anything because this kid was holding each foot with each hand and wouldn't let go! So the tech shook my belly a little and the baby lost her grip for a second on one of her feet, and moved her hand away, then grasped on to her foot again, and the tech laughed and said "ah-ha! grasping!" It was cute. But she ended up scoring 8 out of 8 on that, and her position is breech. He also checked me and said I am a good 1.5 cm easily. Which means she is doing great in there. So with all of my testing coming back normal, they let me go home. I am to "take it easy" (I've heard that some where before...?) and be back for my next check up on Thursday again.

No comments: