Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lucky Day!

I was just thinking about something Kailyn had said last year, and I wanted to write it down before I forgot the story completely. We were doing something, and I told her "It's your lucky day!" about something or another. She lit up like a Christmas Tree. "IT IS?!?" So I said "yep, I guess so!" (I dont even remember now what we were talking about) A little while later I had asked her to clean up her room. She started bawling "But MOM! You said today was my lucky day, and kids dont clean their rooms on their lucky day!" okay. So we worked that one out. A little while later -- "Mom! Can I not eat my lunch and just have desert?!"   No.  Again with the "But MOOOOMMM You said it was my lucky day!"  For the rest of her Lucky Day, I was reminded with every tantrum that she could not POSSIBLY do that, because it was her lucky day.

I no longer tell her it is her lucky day. I learned that her lucky day, is my day to remind myself that I am a very patient mother. Most days. :-)

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

That's too funny! You have to be careful what you say I guess :) Maybe you can say, "Wow, it's your lucky minute, enjoy it, they don't last long." :)