I love this. I love my girls! I am so proud of Abigale, learning new words often. Last week she started saying "yah!" and today she started saying Abby.Though the road is slow for her on the verbal skills, she is getting there! She has an appointment tomorrow with an audiologist to factor out a hearing problem causing her speech delays. Then next month is her appointment to begin speech therapy. In the meantime, we are reading constantly, talking constantly, and trying to get her to open up to us verbally! I will be so happy when she is able to tell us better her wants/needs rather than being so frustrated that she cannot say what means that she tantrums. We have taught her a few signs that have helped lessen that, and we are grateful for that! She is a very smart little lady, and she knows exactly what she means to say, and wants to say... she just doesn't say it.
No comments:
Post a Comment