Abigale had her 2 year well child check today. It went well. She is
about 24-ish lbs and
about 30inches tall. Why the abouts and not exacts? Because Abigale decided that instead of being measured, she would prefer to kick, scream, thrash around, and try to hit the nurse. We tried twice. No go. We got her to sit on the scale long enough to get approximates...but not exacts. We tried bribing, talking, everything that poor nurse and I had up our sleeves. She wasn't having it. Ever since she was in the hospital for a week in May with pneumonia, she hates going to the doctor. Go figure. Anyway, she is doing great, she is growing well, just keeping on that line of being tiny. She is under the percentile chart completely for height, and weight is about 3rd percentile if I remember right. Head circumference was 14th percentile. We also talked about Abby's lack of talking. He is referring us to a speech pathologist, and an audiologist to get her hearing checked, just in case. She can say less than 10 words, and the doctor said she should be well over 50, and using small sentences. I'm not too concerned. I know it will happen, she is a smart little lady, just not too talkative. Im interested to see what the speech person says. She also got her flu shots, and latest immunizations. That was
absolutely heartbreaking for mom a real joy too. All in all, Abigale is doing fabulous, and we are so proud of her and all of her accomplishments! Here is some pictures of her last day ever as a one year old.
As we were taking pictures, Kailyn started to cry. We asked what was wrong, and she said she just loves her sister too much, and that she did not want Abby to have a birthday. She said that Abby was growing too fast, and that she was going to miss one year old Abby way too much. Such a sweet girl.
I also want to do a shout out to Kailyn! She got a letter sent home today saying she passed all of her alpha-friends books, and is now (according to her kinder class) officially able to read! She is one of the top in her class, and I couldnt be more proud of her! Now she will have a little book sent home every night to read to Kevin and I, and be signed off on. Exciting stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment