Monday, August 18, 2008

Nervous and Excited!

I have a doctors appointment in the morning, and I am so nervous and so excited! I am nervous because I have to get tested for Gestational Diabetes. How they test you is that you drink a "glu-cola" drink. Its basically orange soda with a TON of sugar in it. You have to chug it, then get your blood drawn exactly one hour later to see how your body is doing with the sugar overload. If your blood sugar is too high, then you have to go in for another test, which is drinking even more glucola, and getting your blood drawn every hour for three hours. When I got tested while I was pregnant with Kailyn, I just barely passed. The drink made me so sick at my stomach for the rest of the day. I am not looking forward to that part. And since I just barely passed last time, I think I will fail this time. One of the signs of Gestational diabetes is a big baby, and they tell me this baby is in the 89th percentile for size. Holy Crap. That brings me to the second reason I am nervous for tomorrow. I have an ultrasound to see how big this kid is. This is a big deal for several reasons. If she is huge and I don't have gestational diabetes, we need to figure out why she is so large. I have not gained any weight, so it is not due to my eating habits. Also, how big she is is probably the largest determining factor on if I need a c-section or not. I am praying for not. I do not want a c-section AT ALL. But if that is what is best for us, that is what we will do. However even if she is now normal size, we need to worry about why her growth slowed down so much. That is a ton to think about. On the plus side though, Kevin and I went to Baby Depot last night and bought the crib! YAY! I am so relieved! One less thing to think about. The last big thing we need to buy is a dresser. After that, its all stuff $100 or less, which is much more manageable! Like the crib mattress is around $100, and so is the bassinet. Much easier to do than $300! Anyway, the crib is exactly like the one I had been wanting so bad online, just a slightly different color, and $50 cheaper. Happy Day!

No comments: