Thursday, June 9, 2011

Updates on the rest of us

Kevin:

Kevin is doing well! He finished his first semester at Washington State University with all A's and one B! I am so proud of his hard work! Now he is out of school for the summer, and recently got a job delivering pizzas for Dominos. Its not exactly the most ideal job, but it's income. He is looking for another job, and continues applying for internships in the Engineering field. Hopefully something will come soon. He will start back at WSU in the fall. We are enjoying the change of having him home more.


Amanda:
I am doing good. My first trimester with this pregnancy was challenging. I had a lot of nausea, and overall felt pretty crappy. I am starting to feel better, and am looking forward to having more energy soon! I am not doing much else, besides my normal mommy-ing and wife-ing.











Alisha:

Alisha just finished off her Junior year of highschool, and recently turned 17! She came back to our house recently, and we adore having her here with us. She is even a good enough sport to let Kailyn do her makeup (see picture). She began an independent study program through the local alternative school, and is doing great with that. She is able to be home and do 99% of her school online. Which is right up her ally! She did give us a little scare a few days ago when she got the tall-tale signs of appendicitis. Took her to the ER at 8am, and by noon she was appendix free! She is feeling much better now.

Kailyn:

Kailyn is growing up so fast! She just recently turned 6, and tomorrow is her last day of Kindergarten! I cant believe she is going to be in First grade! She has had a fabulous year at school, and has really excelled in her class. She is now reading just about anything, and can do math like its nothing. She has lots of friends, especially our next door neighbor, who is 5 years old.





Abigale:
Abigale is keeping us super busy! She was recently diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder, as well as Apraxia of speech. Its been challenging, but good thing she is SO worth it! We now take her to Occupational therapy an hour a week, as well as Speech therapy an hour a week. She is doing very well with her therapies though. We are trying to get her in to a developmental pediatirician, but keep hitting the roadblock of a year long wait list for every one in Washington state. We are busy fighting trying to get her in sooner, as well as looking for other programs that may help her. She is a busy girl, who thoroughly enjoys any activity that gets your blood pumping!

Baby Bean:
Baby Bean is now 14 weeks! I am so grateful to be out of the morning sickness stage. I cannot believe how big this baby is growing so fast! Baby is doing fabulous though, and I am pretty sure I have even felt some squirming here and there. I have my next OB appointment tomorrow. I love going to those and hearing or seeing my little miracle! In the beginning we were worried about some bleeding that was shown on the ultrasound. However we are happy that it went away, and we are on to a typical normal pregnancy! We cannot wait til the ultrasound to tell us if this is a little boy or a girl!

No comments: