Monday, August 9, 2010

I cried.

Big surprise. I cried. I couldn't help it. My baby girl is growing up. Recently, she had her first "Boy Kiss". That's not what made me cry, but it adds to the whole growing up thing that is happening to her way too fast. The people that live next door to my parents have a grandson who is around Kailyn's age. They were playing in the yard, when Kailyn came running inside. She was beaming. She was so excited as she yelled "Clint kissed me! I had my first boy kiss!!" I jumped off the couch and started for the door to see what the &*%$ was going on. Nobody was going to be kissing on MY baby girl! To my surprise Kevin stopped me and told me to chill out. The whole thing was very humorous. Afterwards. Now she says she is going to marry Clint. Well as long as her first crush (16 year old Travis) doesn't work out. Gah.

Anyway, none of that made me cry. What made me cry was today. We took her in to get her hair trimmed. She will be starting kindergarten soon. Again with that growing up crap.  We wanted her to get her hair evened out, the dead ends off, etc. Well we got there, and she decides she wants short hair like mommy. The lady that does the hair cutting is my sister's friend, and so she helped us talk to her. We told her all of the warnings. "There's no going back Kailyn, we cannot glue it back on." "It wont be long and swing around anymore" etc. She didn't care. She was adamant she wanted short hair. We compromised and decided a little longer than shoulders would be fine. It was down to her butt when it was wet. It was hard for her to brush, and tangled easily.
So here is the before:

During:
This is when I cried. When the hair stylist said "now that the baby hair is gone, it should brush easier".
Good thing I had a support group.
After:
She loves it. I love it. It is super cute.
While we were there, we decided to trim Alisha's hair too.
Before:
After:
Then Kevin decided he didn't want to be left out.
Before:
After:

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

Man... I didn't get my first boy kiss until I was 26...now I'M crying!

:) Her haircut is totally cute. It makes me want to cut mine, but I made a promise to not cut my hair for a while.