For Kailyn's birthday, she said she really wanted to do her birthday party at Chuck E Cheese's. She had seen a commercial on TV about how you get a crown, and Chuck E Cheese himself comes out and signs "Happy Birthday" and every kid that is truly loved goes to Chuck E Cheese for their birthday. So I said "okay." Then I looked at the prices, and just about passed out. They wanted $14-17 per child. What do you get for that price? One helium balloon, 2 pieces of pizza, 16 tokens and unlimited softdrinks. Yeah. No thanks. So I told Kailyn that we would go to Chuck E Cheese's, and take a couple of friends, and then have her birthday party at our house. She said that would be okay, and was able to be sold on the idea. So off to the place where a kid can be a kid we went! We took Kailyn's friend from preschool, Meagan, and Kailyn's friend from before they were even born, Hannah. They had A BLAST! Especially knowing that Kevin and I agreed to have both girls spend the night afterwards for Kailyn's first slumber party!
They ate.
They got to see the "big cheese".
Where Kailyn proceeded to talk his giant pink ears off, in true Kailyn fashion.
They played games.
They had an awesome time.
Only one thing really made the evening that much more interesting. On the way to Chuck E Cheese's, I got a phone call from my sister. Not just any phone call, but the phone call. While we were where a kid could be a kid, she was where a kid could be born. She was being admitted to the hospital to have her baby. Ahh the timing of that one is just priceless! For 2 weeks we had been in and out of the hospital trying to get her to have that baby. She had been sent over to Labor and Delivery twice by doctors to be induced, only to be sent home both times. So, the night that I am hosting a slumber party for three 5 year olds, the night before Kailyn's huge birthday bash at my house, my sister is admitted to the hospital. Okay. So I figure I have time. I figure that I could finish at Chuck E Cheese, and she probably wont have the baby until some time the next day. (Which is Kailyn's birthday and party) I figured it would go some thing like this: "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthdaaayy Dear Kai...--- wait a second my phone's ringing -- WHAT? Its time to push?! NOW?!??" But that's not exactly how it went down. It went more like this. I stayed at Chuck E Cheese while my thoughts were at Kadlec. I kept calling, texting, and trying to get ahold of anybody with information. I find out she is progressing very quickly. So as soon as we leave Chuck E Cheese, I head over to Kadlec. I get there to find out that she has been contracting every minute to two minutes, and is probably going to have the baby before midnight. Wow. Okay. So that means, that Kevin...dear sweet husband of mine... gets to man the slumber party. And get ready for the party. And clean the house. By himself. While I am at the hospital with Christina. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I mean... I love you Kevin! In all actuality though, I was bummed to miss Kailyn's slumber party. I was planning on doing several things with the girls, that I couldn't be there for. I was sad to miss it, but happy for Christina. So down at the hospital, by 12:37am Cass Braden Dowdy was born, weighing 7lbs 4oz, and 19inches long. Just as perfect as perfection goes. I was there to hold Christina's hand (and leg while she pushed!), and didn't have to leave Kailyn's birthday party. So, besides the fact that I couldn't pull myself away from sweet little Cass until 4am, the timing wasn't so bad after all. So Kailyn now shares a birthday, May 23, with her newest baby cousin.
Here he is, just moments old.
This is the doctor and nurse that delivered him.
Here is Cass right after they cleaned him up.
No comments:
Post a Comment