Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 23rd Birthday Club

For Kailyn's birthday, she really wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese's. So we took her there the night before, and planned a birthday party for her at our house. After inviting her entire preschool class (smart idea, I know), family, and friends...reality sunk in. How the bleep do I entertain that many kids? So we rented a bounce house! It was great! I am SO happy it fit. I was a little worried there for a minute, with all of our Sycamore Trees in the way!
The bounce house was a huge success. Minus the few tears that were shed due to injuries sustained while jumping, that is. Overall no trips to the ER, and tons of fun is a success in my book! All the kids loved it, and even the adults that decided to brave it. Like Kailyn's preschool teacher, who is awesome enough to come to the birthday party! Here she is jumping with Kai in the bounce house.
We also got giant boxing gloves. Those were hilarious to watch! Some of those kids were brutal!

After playing so hard, the kids decided they were hungry. Now, I wasnt planning on doing snacks, just cake and ice cream...so I ran in the house to see what I could feed them. Kailyn had picked out cheese puffs for our BBQ, so I grabbed those, and I had a huge thing of goldfish crackers. SOLD! I had orange soda to drink, so I grabbed plates, and poured a little bit of cheese puffs, some goldfish, and gave the kids some orange soda. Then we realized what I had done. I must've been in an orange mood! Orange soda, with orange crackers, orange cheese puffs, on an orange table cloth, with orange balloons, and orange napkins! What is Kailyn's favorite color? PINK haha oh well.
After snack, we did presents.
I had to keep reminding Kailyn that there were cards, and we needed to read them. We need to work on that!
Then it was time for cake and ice cream. She picked out a princess and the frog cake.

She sure is loved by a lot of people! This isnt even a quarter of the people that came!
After cake and ice cream, most of the kids left. Then it was time for the babies and old folks to get in the bounce house! hahaha Here is my dad in there.
Which isn't a big surprise to the people that know my dad. As soon as presents were all finished, he grabbed a bag he had hidden away somewhere that was full of change and candy, and started strowing it about the yard having the kids chase after and gather as much as they could. He called it a "poor mans pinata" LOL
He loves his grandbabies something fierce!
As soon as the party and BBQ were over, I just had to go see Cass. Tami came with me.

At first I thought that she was just being nice by joining me. Then her motives became all too clear...

Kailyn said hello and talked about the party with Christina, while Tami hogged the baby.
Then Kailyn got the baby! We told her we needed a picture of the new May 23rd birthday club. She liked that idea.
Then finally it was my turn!
Kailyn asked me if we were going to take Cass home with us. My reply was "only if his mom would let me" haha I love that baby!

No comments: