Saturday, May 29, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Kevin's birthday is May 25th. What he has been asking for, forever, is a big screen tv. So I finally gave in, and told him fine. Happy Birthday babe, go get yourself a television. So what did he bring home? A 55 inch television set. This thing is massive! He wanted to set it up right away, but we our entertainment stand couldn't hold such a big tv. It held our 32 incher a little snug. So we talked about it, looked around at several stores, and online - looking for the perfect stand. During Kailyn's birthday party, I kept hearing words like "skill saw" and "measuring tape" and "why dont we just hack this one in half" Wait, what?! I thought he was joking. But nope. He wasn't. Our dearest friends Chadd and Tami were accomplices. I finally just told him "okay, its your birthday, you can go buy an entertainment stand if you want" but the idea was already in his head.
This is how our entertainment stand started out.
At about 930 that night, the men-folk were outside sawing this thing in half. Yesterday it was a giant bounce house with a million 5 year olds running around in the front yard. Today its sawing an entertainment stand in half at 930pm. Our neighbors love us!
But how could I resist this face?

They got the thing cut in half, then tried to figure out the best way to make it pretty again.
I think the use of power tools was going to Kevin's head a little bit. haha
I like this picture because of the glowing red stop sign in the back. It was a message from above. lol
They cut the top part off, and reused it as the new, lower top part.

Then they brought it inside for the finishing touches.

Opening up that new television was like they were opening up the holy grail.

Even though it's blurry, this picture cracks me up. They look so happy!
55 inches

The finished masterpiece.

No comments: