Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Abigale

Abigale is now 9 days old. I cannot believe how quickly the past 9 days have passed by. I already can tell she is growing too quickly for my liking. Just like Kailyn did. We are doing great though. Abigale is an extremely easy baby. She sleeps well, eats well, she is just fairly easy to take care of. It helps that she is so darn cute. To be quite honest, I was scared before she was born that I would not care for her the same as I care for Kailyn. It was just hard to imagine loving anybody as much as I love her. It has been amazing to learn that from the very second I saw Abigale, that it is in fact possible to love another child as much as I love Kailyn. I am still in shock at the fact that I have two children. It seems crazy, but I absolutely love it. I love being a mommy, and I love having an infant again. I am tired of course, and sore where I tore, but I could not be happier.
Abigale is doing great. She had a little bit of jaundice, but it is going away quickly. At her re-check at the hospital, she had lost 10oz from birth. That was 9% of her birth weight, and they dont like to see babies lose more than 10%. So we had to go back in for a second re-check. She was 6lbs14 oz at birth, then went down to 6lbs4oz at the first recheck, then the second check she had gone back up to 6lbs12oz!! So she gained 8 ounces in three days! Go Mommy milk! She is nursing fantastically. I got very sore at first, but they gave me prescription cream that is SO much better than Lansinoh Lanolin cream. I highly reccommend it, but I dont know what its called. Prescription booby cream? I dont know! So anyway, they were happy with her weight gain. She is slightly tongue tied (learn more about that here - http://www.drgreene.com/21_93.html), so her nursing so well is a huge deal. Most babies that are tongue tied cannot nurse adequately. We take her in on Thursday to her pediatrician, and I am anxious to hear what he says about her tongue.
Kailyn is doing alright with being a big sister. Some times she loves it, other times she hates it. She hates when I nurse. Everytime I sit down with the boppy and Abby, she starts whining that "nobody ever holds me". It doesnt matter that I had just held her for an hour reading books and playing. She still whines. She told me flat out that she does not want to share her mommy. But on the other hand, she sure loves Abigale. She is very protective of her. Whenever people hold her, Kailyn always tells them very sternly to "Be careful with my baby sister". She also gets upset when she cries, and tries to calm her by singing, giving loves, etc. Yesterday morning Abby was fussing, and Kailyn told me "Mommy! Abigale is thirsty, she needs a drink of your boob" LOL my oh my the things Kailyn says cracks me up. She loves holding her, and playing with her. She just doesnt like sharing all too well. When we first came home, Kevin went through the new family roles, (Mommy is Abigale's mommy, you are Abigale's sister etc) Kailyn agreed to all of the new roles except that Daddy is NOT Abigale's daddy. He is ONLY Kailyn's daddy. I hope that gets better soon. I am sure though that once she gets used to things, it will be a bit easier on her.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the past few days.

No comments: