Sunday, November 6, 2011

Abigale Paige is 3 years old!

I know, I know... Every birthday post says "I cannot believe that my baby is getting older!" But it is so true. It happens so fast. I guess I am a little bit more nostalgic of Abby being born because I am within days of having another, and it feels so surreal. I remember it like it was yesterday, it feels like yesterday. My little fighter from the start, born early and has always had us on our toes. She has come so far in her three years. I am just incredibly proud of her, and proud to be her mom.

On Abigale's actual birthday, we weren't able to do her party, so we had a small family party of our own. She had two requests: Cake and McDonalds. We obliged. Alisha was awesome and made her cake, and even decorated it how Abby wanted. It truly melted my heart to see the effort Alisha put forth. We also went to the big McDonalds to let the girls play on the indoor playground for her birthday dinner. After McDonalds, we came home and had a piece of cake and sang "Happy Birthday" with just our little family.







For Abby's birthday party the following Sunday, we had mentioned to a friend that Abby wanted a Rapunzel cake, and they were VERY hard to find. She asked her mother in law if she would make Abby's cake, and she said yes. I was very excited, but I had NO idea the extent of it. It was the most amazing cake I have ever seen by far. The details were incredible. She made the roof out of laffy taffy, the tower out of rice krispie treats, and the rest was cake. It was set on a lazy susan so it could rotate. The time and effort that was put into this cake by this woman who had never even met Abigale touched me greatly. This birthday will be one that I personally will remember for the rest of my life as one of the best ever for my children. Everything just turned out so nice, and we all felt the love of our family and friends in a huge way. 






 This is the extent of my cake decorating abilities, and to be honest, Alisha did most of it. haha I found Tangled stickers, and stuck them on toothpicks. Alisha made and iced the cupcakes and stuck them in.

 Abby opening presents this year was incredible. So I *may* be a little more emotional due to being about 9 months pregnant, but I teared up several times. I could tell that each and every gift that was given to Abby had so much thought in to it. Every gift screamed "Abigale".
 For example: Princess shoes. Two of Abbys favorite things ever, shoes and princesses. Doesnt get much better than that.
 We also had a packed house. The weekend before I was kind of upset. I didnt think we would have many people come. My parents were in Seattle with my brother in the hospital, and had said they werent positive theyd be home in time. Then with Kevin's mom recuperating from knee surgery, I thought that none of her grandparents would come. Much to my relief, all of her grandparents were there, even "Jamma and Papa Jack", the girls non-bio grandparents. It turned out to be a full house. Abby curled up in my lap in the middle of opening presents, and I whispered in her ear "look around Abigale. See all these people? Each and every person is here because they love you. All of these people are here for you." She looked around wide eyed and said "For me?" I said yes. She smiled as you could see her looking around letting it sink in. She may be 3, but she understood. She honestly genuinely felt loved, which to me is my ultimate goal on my kids' birthdays. I want them to know how loved they are. Thank you to everybody who came.




After presents, we went outside and lit off a chinese lantern, just like in the movie "Tangled". We had a hard time getting it going. Then it finally took off and landed on our neighbors roof! We were all scared to be honest, but it re-lifted off and floated away in the sky.




 After the lantern, we came back inside for cake and ice cream. It was a shame to dismantle the cake that was so beautiful!








 Here are two of the people that have really been there for me through my pregnancy. Jen and Jodie.
 Abigale all dressed up in her new Rapunzel get-up, hugging her new Rapunzel doll

 Showing off her new shoes!
 Getting love from Grandma and Grandpa Walley


 Two of my favorite people in the entire universe. My sister Jennifer, and my Mom. Arent they gorgeous?
 After the party wound down, and guests went home, we had our quiet time. Abby chose to color in her new coloring books with "Sa-Sa".

I know this wasn't my birthday, but this day was truly one of the best in my life. I felt support and love and couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate my child turning three. It was amazing.

No comments: