Another reason why I wanted to go to the fair was because one of my favorite singers was going to be performing there. Lee Brice is a country singer, and the second I heard his single "Love Like Crazy" I fell in love with his music. His lyrics are meaningful to me, and his voice is gorgeous. This is the chorus to the first song I heard:
Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse "I love you"
Go to work, do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy
Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy
I heard this song, swooned, and automatically googled more songs. The next song I found was this one, its called "Beautiful Every Time":
I’ve been around the ocean since I was a kid
I don’t get to see it much these days
This mornin’ I walked down to it just to say I did
And Damned if it didn’t take my breath away
I guess some things are just that way
Like a baby sleeping
A Momma kneeling
A Key-West sunset sky
Yeah the chills I get when you lay your lips on mine
That’s Beautiful … beautiful every time
Well I could hear the music drifting over the dunes
It sounded like a weddin’ on the beach
I Figured I’d take a closer look
Had nothin’ better to do
Yes I forgot the sight a blushing bride could be
Well I guess amazing is always amazing
Like a baby sleeping
A Momma kneeling
A Key-West sunset sky
Yeah the chills I get when you lay your lips on mine
That’s Beautiful
Beautiful every time
I guess amazing will always be amazing
Like a church choir singing
A nation healing
A soldier coming home alive
The love for me girl I see in your eyes
That’s beautiful
Beautiful every time
Oh every time
As soon as this song ended, I went directly to iTunes and bought his album, and have been a huge fan ever since. The first song I talked about has been the ring tone on my cell phone ever since I first bought the phone I have now. So when I realized I wouldnt be at the fair, I would miss seeing my childrens eyes light up at the sights of the fair, I would miss Lee Brice... I was heart broken.
I spent the day being pretty down in the dumps. Thats when Jennifer texted to let me know that she had blankets set up for the concert in case I changed my mind. Then Alisha saw how bummed I was, and gave me a great idea. She said just because I cant walk around the fair, doesn't mean I cant go down there and lay on a blanket to watch the show. She even said she would watch the kids, (for the very decent price of one bag of blue cotton candy!). I mulled it over . I debated in my head over and over trying to figure out how rational my thinking was about this. Seeing a concert is NOT more important than my baby's well being. However I have been so incredibly lonely. Being in bed in my room almost all of the time gets old. I have been very depressed. I talked to Kevin, and Jennifer about it. They both agree that it wouldnt hurt to go lay on a blanket. Besides, my doctor has told me that I am NOT on strict bed rest, it is modified. That means I am not supposed to be in bed 100% of the time, and if my blood pressure is under certain perimeters, I am able to get up and do little things. I was told to not be up walking and stuff for more than two hours, even if my blood pressure is stable. So, I decided to go. I made sure to get my water quota drank, so I could be well hydrated, brought my blood pressure cuff, and set off to see Lee Brice.
It was amazing. He sounded just like he does on his album. He interacted with the crowd, and everything was just wonderful. Everybody in the "blanket section" stayed sitting, so I was able to lay down on my (left) side and still be able to see. The weather once the sun went down was cool, it was a gorgeous summer night, with clear skies and stars all around. Jennifer, Kristine, Linda, Kaela, and Alex were all there at the concert too. Which was an added surprise. I dont get to see Linda and Kristine nearly as much as I want to. It just couldnt have turned out much better. Well besides me having to pee so much. Drinking 140oz and being pregnant tends to do that. Thankfully the bathrooms were near by.
*Funny side story about the bathrooms* I had to pee several times during the concert. One time I went over there and the line was particularly long, and I really did not want to stand in line. Being up worried me due to my blood pressure, AND I didnt want to miss my favorite song being performed. I stood there in line, and a frazzled mother and her 2 year old daughter came up. The child was holding her pants worried, and kept saying "Mommy, I REALLY have to go!" The mother asked the people in line if she could cut in so her daughter wouldnt have an accident. They said No! I was appalled. A lady suggested she go to the mens room, where there was no line. The mother begrudingly said okay, went over to the mens door, then came back to the womens with a worried look. She said she didn't know if she could, and asked what she she should do. At this point, the little girl looked up at me with her huge gorgeous brown eyes and said "I'm gonna pee my pants!" with a very worried/sad look. I sighed and asked the mother if she wanted me to take her daughter in the mens room. She lit up and said "If you would!!" So I picked up the child, covered her eyes and rushed her into a bathroom stall smiling and waving at few men that were in there (that were giving me dirty looks). I helped the little girl go potty, and returned her to her mother, then I went back in the stall and peed. Oh boy the dirty looks I got from that one! But whoever is going to get mad an obviously pregnant lady, and a baby going to the bathroom in that situation...well they can get over it!





No comments:
Post a Comment