Kailyn is doing great.
I love this picture, even though her eyes are rather "deer in headlights"
Kailyn has been choosing her own outfits lately.
She is very excited to start Kindergarten in the fall, however the thought of leaving Teacher Kelly, and Teacher Debbie frightens her. She is having some anxiety with that thought. But we drove by Marcus Whitman earlier today at recess time, and when she saw all of the children, she cheered right up. She is loving living in this house, loves her new PINK room, but does not believe we will be living here long. I feel bad for that. I feel bad that she doesn't understand people are supposed to live in the same house for long periods of time. I wish Kevin and I had given her that stability sooner in life. She keeps saying things like "I want to leave this toy out the next time we have to put all of our stuff in boxes" and "can we take this to our next new house mom?". I have tried to explain it to her several times.
Kailyn is also the most proud sister in the universe. She LOVES Abigale. I love that she loves Abigale. She gets her drinks, she plays with her, teaches her things, Kailyn dotes upon Abby like nothing I have ever seen. She is always telling me "awww Mom! look! Abby can..." I love that. Kailyn sings all of the time these days. She sings her thoughts. Lately its been about how much she loves Abby. "I looove my babyyy sisterrrrr, I am so haaaaappyyyy I have a baby sisterrrrr". I really need to get that on video tape.
One thing that Kai loves almost as much as her baby sister, and at risk of giving her poor dad a heart attack, is boys. Kailyn loves boys. She gets crushes, she thinks they are cute. She blushes, and gets shy when she sees a cute boy. Her biggest crush is on one of my nephew's 16 year old friends, who looks almost exactly like Taylor Lautner (Jacob from Twilight). She dresses up every day, and loves looking pretty. She loves putting on her makeup. She talks on her play phone to her "boyfriend" daily. Most of the time there is some sort of drama. She holds the phone up to her ear and says "WHAT?! you dont like me anymore?! WHAT?! you are moving to china?! Well FINE!" Then she will hang up, and tell me "Mom, Tommy doesnt like me anymore, and is moving to China." I usually humor her, and tell her that she will find another boyfriend soon, or she is better off without him, more fish in the sea, etc.
Let's see...what else do I want to remember about Kailyn...
She is very dramatic all around right now. Every little thing is "Fine, I guess you dont like me anymore". It is VERY frustrating.
She is having night terrors. They are getting less frequent now that we are in our new home, but they still suck. She sleep walks and screams, and doesnt remember a dang thing. I will be glad when that phase is over.
She loves counting, learning, spelling. She can spell stop, dog, car, cat and lots of other words. She is starting to recognize that signs actually have letters for a reason, and people can read them. I love that phase!
She is starting to get in to music a lot. She likes rock. Her favorite is "Throw it away" by Linkin Park. She also likes older Metallica songs, and "Hey There Delilah".
Here we played a trick on Kai. We told her we had a prize for her, for doing something that we had asked her to do that was difficult. We had her sit on the couch with her eyes covered. Kevin came out of the back with the prize behind his back. She was so excited she could barely sit still.
Then she opened her hands to see tooth wash. HAHA We we wondering what she would do. She just looked at it in shocked disbelief.
Then we showed her her real prize, a big box of sidewalk chalk. She was much happier with that.
1 comment:
SURPRISE! Yep, I'm commenting on YOUR blog. I finally moved it to my "private" list...
Post a Comment