Here is a quick update on Kevin and I.
Kevin was promoted to store manager in Pasco about 5 weeks ago. It sure is a lot of work! Quite literally. He is working on average 78 hours per week. I would like to note, he has not ONE TIME complained about it either. He has stated he misses the girls and I, and that he wishes he could be home more. But never once has he complained about getting up early and heading off to work. He is working hard for the money, thats for sure! He is also starting to consider ways to be able to afford college for him. (any ideas are SUPER appreciated!!) We know he cannot work 80 hours a week and go to college. Well he probably could, but lets not. So he would like to figure out a solution to that issue. I am very excited that he is considering furthering his education. He is such a great man! The girls and I miss him so very much when he is working so much, but appreciate it a lot too.
I have been good too. Super tired. With Kevin working all those hours, that leaves me to do all the household duties, parenting duties, and full time college without him! Kevin tries to help when he can, but realistically doesn't have much time! It is tiring for us both. I am currently taking 15 online credits. It is very time consuming! I have also made a pretty big decision to pursue a career in lactation consulting, rather than elementary education. We will see how that road develops.
We are both very, very, incredibly happy to be homeowners. Its a lot of work, a lot of fun, and a lot of happiness. It is great to have such a goal our entire lives together be realized. It makes us both feel accomplished. The only thing we have accomplished so far is painting Kailyns room, but we have time. Next up is painting Abby's room, then putting laminate flooring in the laundry room, as well as painting in there too. We have a big list of things we would like to do someday to this house. For example: re-carpet the entire house, new cabinets and counters in the kitchen, build a back patio, install central heat/air... oh the list goes on. The great part about that list though, is that we are perfectly happy right now without most of those things, and are aware it will take lots of years. We are okay with that. :-)
Oh, and this coming friday is our 5 year wedding anniversary. Fun stuff! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment