Monday, December 28, 2009

Meeting Mr. Claus

We had the priviledge of meeting Mr. Santa Claus himself, and two of his reindeer - Comet and Cupid! It was amazing! We went down to Beaver Bark, where we knew the reindeer were hanging out for a while.



But it just so happened that a schedule was posted that said Mr. Claus was going to be visiting his reindeer within the next few minutes. So we stayed for pictures. I have never seen Kailyn so excited! She jumped up and down and squeeled! She promised me that she was not going to be scared of him this year. She was going to tell him what she wanted, and tell him that she has been a good girl this year. I was so happy for her! The reindeer were ADORABLE! Kailyn was even able to feed one of them an apple.


Then the moment came, he stepped out and sat down on the bench. Waiting in line, I thought Kailyn was going to explode with excitement! I just knew though that once we got up there, she would have "star shock" and not talk to him. I was wrong! She sat down and asked him where his sleigh was, where his big tummy was, and if she was on the nice list. haha! Then she would NOT leave the bench.
She wanted to sit and chat with him all day! But the other kids were getting anxious, and she could NOT throw a fit in front of Santa Claus himself, so she left peacefully. Abby on the other hand, was not a fan of the big red suit. Ah maybe next year they will both smile?! Yeah. I doubt it too. But it makes for cute pictures!

No comments: