Later on that day Christina came over to celebrate Christmas Eve with us. We opened presents that were to and from her, and ate until we couldn't move. It was great!
Abigale still needed a little direction on how to unwrap the presents.
Get your mind out of the gutter, its placed like that so she wont drop it. :-)
After presents, we sang Christmas carols around the piano. When I say "we", I mean Glenn, Karen, Kevin, Jacob, Jared, and Kailyn sang around the piano, while Christina and I listened. :-)
Want to hear a secret? When Kevin and I first got married, I remember having the thought "I must have married in to the wrong family, they all are so musical! I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I am sure they wish Kevin would've married somebody that can join in their music. After all this time though, I have learned a lot. 1) They don't care if I can sing, and 2) I believe that the Lord shared me with such a musical family because I am able to appreciate their talents that much more. I listen in awe to them sing and play in ways that I never could. I dont recognize any errors, if they even have any. I just listen and appreciate. Its nice. I dont have doubts any more. I feel a part of the group now, in my own way. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to sing. :-)
After a long day of good memories being made, Kailyn laid out cookies and chocolate milk for Santa, and a carrot for Rudolph, along with a letter. The letter informed Santa, that he could cut up the carrot so all the reindeer could have a bite. :-)
After the kids were asleep, the big moment came. Santa Claus came! He loved the cookies and milk, shared the carrot with the reindeer, and left presents for all!
No comments:
Post a Comment