Friday, August 21, 2009

Lots Going On!

I haven't updated this blog in so long! We have been busy! First of all, we moved back to Tri-Cities! I am SO happy about that! Kevin's job *and psychotic boss* was not all it cracked up to be in Bend. He was working 6 days a week, about 80 hours per week, and not making the money that they had implied. I am just so greatful for the good people that do work for Rent-A-Center, and that Kevin was able to get his old job back as Assistant Manager of the Kennewick store. He is pretty excited about that too, as he really like the store managers for Kennewick and Pasco. The area manager told Kevin that he understands what happened, and Kevin is not to blame. He said that moving back was the best employment move Kevin has ever made, though the promotion was not a mistake. He told Kevin that some things are good for a while, then they need to be over. The bad part about it is that the psycho boss in Bend made it so Kevin had to leave immediately instead of fulfilling his 30 day notice. So we had nowhere to go back in Tri-Cities. Kevin could have come back down here, while the girls and I packed slowly, and he could find some place to live...but that meant me being alone for a month. So we just packed up and came to stay with my parents. All of our belongings are in storage, except for 8 tote buckets. Thats hard, but the Lord works in mysterious ways, and if all this had not happened, we would not be in the process of BUYING a house instead of renting! We got back and rent was so high everywhere that we decided it was time to buy. It has always been my dream to own a home. I just assumed our credit was too far gone for that to be possible. I am so excited! Also, staying at my parents house enables us to pay some things off, and save some money for this very expensive adventure. With knowing we will soon own a home, it makes it so much easier to deal with living with my parents for the time being.

Our other exciting news is that Kailyn is starting preschool soon!! She is thrilled! I am bittersweet. I am so happy for her, but she is growing too fast. I want her to slow down a little bit. We found an awesome preschool program though, and I am happy for her. She will greatly enjoy it! She is now writing some words and letters, and she loves to draw. She is an awesome artist!

Abby is getting bigger too. Well not really size-wise much. haha She is a tiny little lady. But she is way more vocal these days. She says a version of Thank You, she fake laughs, she is mimicking people. She is starting to stand up more often, but too scared to do so alone. She can also walk if you hold her hands. She is too worried to let go. The second you let go of her hands, she sits down. She is no longer a vampire, she has 3.5 teeth. Three on top, the half is on the bottom front.
My exciting news is that I will start back at CBC this January. I am happy to be going back! I only have 2 more quarters or so at CBC before I start WSU.

1 comment: