Thanksgiving time again! This time of year is so beautiful to me. I love the colors outside, I love the weather getting colder, and I love the excitement that is felt by everybody as the holidays inch closer. This time of year is Kevin's favorite, and you would be hard pressed to find him grumpy during this season. I love his joy. I love watching him spread that joy to our children. Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what you are grateful for, and I have never in my life been so grateful for anything than I am for my husband. I am the luckiest woman in the world to be married to him. He would do anything (and does) for his family. He shows me how much he loves me and our children on a daily basis. After working 12 hour shifts, he comes home and helps me tend to the girls like he has energy. He gets down on the ground and wrestles and plays with Kailyn. He tenderly cuddles with Abigale.
On Thanksgiving night, I was exhausted. Abigale doesn't sleep very well at night time. He sent me to bed at 10 pm, and told me to just go to sleep. He had to be at work at 6 am, so out of the house by 530am. He slept on the couch with Abigale and fed her expressed milk all night to let me rest. I was woken up by Abby in her bassinet next to me at 630am. I had 8 hours of sleep, while he had next to none, and he was the one going to work that day. I feel so blessed that he did that for me, and did it with a smile. He is truly amazing.
I am thankful for my daughters. It is incredible how children change your life. Your priorities change, your thought processes change, everything changes the second you get pregnant, and change once more once the child is born. I will admit that I was scared each time. I knew things changed, and I knew I couldn't even fathom that change yet, and that scared me. But once you see that precious baby for the first time, it is so worth it. Not everybody can have children, let alone have two as wonderful as mine are. I am so grateful that I am lucky enough to have two healthy, happy girls. The Lord has honestly shown me His love through them, and I cannot begin to thank Him enough for allowing me to care for them.

I am thankful for my daughters. It is incredible how children change your life. Your priorities change, your thought processes change, everything changes the second you get pregnant, and change once more once the child is born. I will admit that I was scared each time. I knew things changed, and I knew I couldn't even fathom that change yet, and that scared me. But once you see that precious baby for the first time, it is so worth it. Not everybody can have children, let alone have two as wonderful as mine are. I am so grateful that I am lucky enough to have two healthy, happy girls. The Lord has honestly shown me His love through them, and I cannot begin to thank Him enough for allowing me to care for them.
My parents are incredible. They give all of themselves to all of their children, and grandchildren, without even thinking twice. It is just who they are. My favorite thing about my dad is the look he gets on his face when he is near his grandchildren. He has true pride on his face. His grandchildren are his life, and that is very obvious.
My mom, she is always there for us. No matter what, when, who, or why, she is there for all of us. She is the most giving person I have ever known, and will ever know. Her love of her children and grandchildren shine through her like nobody I have ever seen. I am blessed to have them as my parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment