It has been a great beginning to summer! It has not been very hot this year at all, which has been awesome for me! I am loving having extra time to get things done, as well as spend time with my family and friends. It has been awesome being on a break from school. So far this summer we have been swimming a few times, played at the park, been on walks, shopped at yard sales, had bbq's... all the awesome fun summer stuff. I have been thinking a lot as I wander around the house picking up stray toys and what-nots. I am so grateful for my life. I have an amazing, gorgeous, hard working, loving man that adores me enough to let me be his wife. I have two healthy, happy, smart, fun, amazing daughters that amaze me. I have it pretty dang good. I am one happy lady. As I was going through a coffee drive thru the other day, I was stopped waiting for the car in front of me to order, texting a friend about a play date, sitting in my mini-van, with my two children. I thought to myself "wow, how stereo-typically mom". That made me smile. I like being a stereo-typical mini-van mom. It makes me happy to have that. I love being a stay at home mom. I love my life.
Anyway, while we were yard saling, we drove by a yard that had a "free" sign on a doll stroller and stuff. I wanted to keep driving, but my mom and sister INSISTED that my girls needed that stuff. I tried saying that the 19 we have at home would suffice. But if you've ever tried arguing with my mom and sister at the same time... Needless to say, we got the stroller. At least it was free, right? Well we get it home, and guess who falls in love with this dang stroller? Abigale. Guess who fits in the doll stroller? Cass. haha Its great. Abby is going to be such a great mommy someday. She is so attentive to Cass, its fun. She was pushing him around the living room, with the bottle in the cup holder. Then he started fussing, so she stopped to give him the bottle.
Speaking of Cass, I LOVE this kid. He is awesome! But lemme tell you something... he stinks. He has the smelliest gas of any baby I have ever met. No joke. He farts louder than I do, and they smell like dog farts. Even HE doesnt like the smell!
My other favorite moment that happened, was Kevin and Kailyn went on a "Daddy/Daughter date". They were both so excited. It was adorable to see them. Kailyn asked Kevin to wear a tuxedo, and she would wear a dress. He explained to her that we dont wear tuxedoes to the movies, but she still wore a dress. I also curled her hair, and put makeup on her. They went to go see the Last Airbender, which Kailyn has been so incredibly excited to see. They had fun.
I am a little superstitious, and I have to say, I have been seeing so many "good luck" signs recently. Two things that I have been seeing are monarch butterflies, and rainbows. I do feel like we've had good luck recently too. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment