Kevin and I are trying to buy our first home. We are tired of throwing our money down the drain to rent, and are in a good situation at the moment to try to purchase a house. We first started trying as soon as we got back from Oregon. We looked at several rentals, and decided that it was ridiculous to pay $200+ more a month to rent a house, then it cost to buy one. So we went to the bank and asked for a mortgage. They told us that our credit score was too low, and we needed to patch up some things first. We knew and understood our credit was low, but we figured it was worth a shot. Well, we did the things that the mortgage lender asked us to do, and it improved our credit significantly. We went back and tried again. He entered our information in to his computer, and told us that we were approved in
his system, but he knew from experience that an underwriter would tell us that we needed more lines of credit open. All of our other factors were great. Kevin and I thought we were doing great by not having revolving debt (IE: credit cards, car payments, etc). The bank on the other hand, wanted us to have SOME. Just to show that we could have debt responsibly. Okay. Sold. We went out and got a credit card, and fixed that up. Went
back to the bank. This time he tells us we are still approved in his system, but he thinks the underwriter may want
more lines of credit. Then he told us about submitting an application with an exception. What that is, is basically saying "yes, we understand the Walley's don't have many credit lines open, but look at their great credit score! Look at their debt to income ratio! Look at Kevin's steady employment for the past several years! Look at how gorgeous their babies are! (okay, maybe no that one, but I think it
should count) PRETTY PLEASE approve them anyway." He told us that he is pretty sure we will qualify, and he is sure enough that he gave his opinion that its time to start working with a realtor and looking at houses more seriously. (good sign, yes?) If we do get denied, we have a backup plan that
should get us approved within a few weeks. The key words here that stress me out: 1) pretty sure 2) should. ugh. He basically told us "well IF they deny you, this will be why, and here is how to fix that". Its not a hard fix, but just sets us back. And what IF they find a different reason to deny us? stressssssss
This was about a week and a half ago. Now we wait.
And wait.
And wait.
For that underwriter to get back to our mortgage lender, and for our mortgage lender to get back to us. Yesterday we received an email from him. We were so excited! Only to see that it said "I am home sick, I will get back to you soon". Ugh.
FEEL BETTER SOON MORTGAGE GUY!!
In the meantime, we are looking at houses. We have looked at several so far. Only one has really stood apart from the rest. I just wish I could move it to a different location. I thought it was going to be all really fun looking at houses. It is fun, but I didn't realize how stressful it is too! Wondering if I am missing something, or should be looking for something else, or am making a wrong decision. What is truly important to Kevin and I in a home, and what can we forgive? Its all so overwhelming!
All of this is just so time consuming! And energy consuming!
I have been told a few times lately that I seem like I am ignoring people. If you have felt that way, I sincerely apologize. I do. But get over it! haha! Full time school, house hunting, and to top it all off, Abby is teething again, and Kailyn isn't sleeping through the night. Abby now has ALL but two teeth. Seriously. She has her molars in, and is just missing two teeth on the bottom. Then she will have a full mouth. I scheduled her and Kailyn both dentist appointments for next week. Check out her teeth in this picture. I know shes making a silly face, but it shows her teeth on the bottom, and where the only two missing teeth are.

Kailyn has been waking up SEVERAL times a night saying she's scared. She is having nightmares, and night terrors some nights (which suck, by the way!). She has a double ear infection, respiratory infection, and a cold. Abby woke up yesterday cranky as anything and with a stuffy nose. With Kevin working 48-50 hours a week, that leaves us both exhausted.
So basically I am actually blogging for once about what our family has been up to, instead of only my kids. Wow, there is a first time for everything! Here's some pictures to make up for it:
I cannot decide if I want more hours in the day to accomplish more things, or less hours in the days so I don't have to do as much in a day. hmm....
But the brightest thing to happen to our family recently is the birth of Jaden Michael Kain! He is the newest addition to our clan! Nick is such a proud daddy, and Jaden is just perfect!
I just cannot believe my sister is a grandma, and my mom is a great grandma! CRAZY!

No comments:
Post a Comment