Things are so busy right now. Abigale is trying so hard to cut her first tooth. It is making her pretty miserable. However she is still such a happy little lady. Kailyn is getting really excited for warmer weather. She doesn't understand fully what moving to Bend means, but we keep trying to tell her. Kevin is down there right now working. I hate him being gone more than anything. He will be down there Monday through Friday until we move down there. I have been pretty stressed out and trying to concentrate on why we are doing this: Kailyn and Abigale. So here are some things that they are doing lately:
Kailyn-
She is trying to spell words. She knows mom, and dad, and parts of several others.
She knows about 12-15 spanish words/phrases, as well as several colors and can count to 10. We went to a mexican restaurant in Bend, and the waiter spoke Spanish near our table. Kailyn squeeled and said "That man just said THANK YOU in SPANISH!" He heard, and was just tickled pink. So he came over and was trying to talk to her in Spanish, but she got shy, and wouldn't say anything in spanish to him. He thought she was just too cute. He kept saying that she has great intelligence in spanish. It makes my day when strangers compliment my daughters. Then he brought her free desert, and she loved him even more. haha
Kailyn is the best big sister EVER. She rarely gets jealous anymore. We have a few instances of "mom, you never hold ME like that" or things similar to that, but for the most part she is accepting Abby now. She tells her several times a day spontaneously that she loves her so much, and "Thank you for coming out of mommy's belly button" She loves playing with her, tries to share her toys with her (including Rocky, her pet rock) and genuinely cares about Abigale. She is very protective of Sissy (what she is starting to call her). She sings to her and cheers her up when she is fussing, which I am pretty sure is my favorite thing in the world. We went to the Carters store recently, and Kailyn found a pair of sunglasses, and just HAD to buy them for Sissy. She said that she hates it when sun gets in her eyes, and so she knows sissy hates it too, and she really needs them. It was too cute.
Kailyn is now obsessed with Little Einsteins. I am stoked. It is SO much better than SpongeBob.
I love her so much. She is so smart, and so beautiful. She genuinely cares about everybody and everything, and is my very sensitive little lady.
Abigale is doing all sorts of fun things too. She is starting to roll over from her tummy to her back. Which Kailyn is so excited about. Everytime she does it Kai just squeels and says "MOM she did it again!!" She is smiling all the time and is an incredibly happy kiddo. She can scoot backwards, and I believe she will be an early crawler. She is very physical, and very quiet. She watches and learns, and doesnt "talk" very often at all. She has giggled out loud twice. She is drooling an incredible amount, and starting to put everything in her mouth. She sucks her thumb to soothe herself, which is cute. She is also refusing bottles all together now, and pacifiers too. Which makes getting help with her challenging. She either wants me, or her thumb. I had somebody ask me recently if she wore contacts because according to him, "nobody eyes were that color blue or that bright". I was a little incredulous that he actually believed that, and wanted to smart off and say "yes. I put colored contacts in my 4 month olds eyes to make her prettier." Some people! He did not believe me when I told him no. I dont think they even make contacts for babies. I wanted Jeff Foxworthy to walk up and tell him "heres your sign". haha
No comments:
Post a Comment