Monday, July 21, 2008

Dang UTI!

Yesterday was my dads birthday party. I still havent been feeling well, and so I stayed inside laid back in a recliner under the A/C while everybody was out back bbq'ing. Well all of a sudden I swore somebody was stabbing my left kidney. The pain was so intense. It lasted for what seemed like ever. Then my right kidney started aching. Then the sharp pains in my left started coming and going. I was in so much pain that I went in to the hospital. I actually had a competent doctor this time, who was being proactive about things, which made me feel better emotionally. they did an ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder, an IV, a catheter urine test, and had me laying on my left side. He said it was more than likely one of two things: either my uterus is pulling on the stuff attached to my kidneys and making them hurt, or a UTI got up in there. The u/s showed slight swelling, and the urine showed bacteria. So he started me on IV antibiotics. I spent the entire night there, and ended up getting discharged at about 430am. I am supposed to take it easy, and take antibiotics and get rechecked tomorrow at the doctors office. I am so exhausted. Kevin is my hero though. He would not leave me at the hospital by myself. He stayed up all night comforting me, then had to be to work at 8am. I kept telling him to go home and get sleep, and I would call when I needed picked up, but he insisted. My dad was so grateful for Kevin that, that he took Kevin a huge thing of coffee this morning to work. My dad is also extremely pissed off at the first doctor that treated me so poorly, and after seeing me bawl on his couch during his birthday party last night is asking for names so he can go down there and rip him a new one.The interesting thing is, is that every person that I have talked to about this (including doctors and nurses) all volunteered the doctors name before me, saying "Dr. Hourton, right?" so apparently he is known for this crap. Kevin and I picked Kailyn up from my parents house at about 5am this morning, and she woke back up at abo ut 8. I am so tired, and still dont feel well.

No comments: